Italien dessert exercise (Tiramisu)
In the same weekend, I also made Tiramisu. This was my second time. The first time was a failure that the sponge layer was too watery. This time I have JJ fixed it for me.
We made it because of a request from Joe and P’Ya’s birthday.
300 g Mascarpone cheese
3 tablespoons of sugar
3 cups of strong espresso
200 g Savoiardi biscuits (Ladyfingers)
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
2. Whip up the yolks with 2½ tablespoons of sugar for about 3 minutes.
3. Put the cheese into the whipped yolks.
4. Separately whip up the egg whites with ½ a tablespoon of sugar. Sugar should be added at the very end of this step. The egg whites should form soft peaks.
5. Add the egg whites and mix carefully with a palette knife.
6. Make espresso
7. Soak the ladyfingers in the coffee.
8. Put a layer of them in to a dish or mould and pour half the cheese cream over it.
9. Cover with another layer of the ladyfingers and finish the cake with another layer of cream.
10. Sprinkle cocoa powder on the cake’s surface and put it into the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.